Write a letter introducing yourself to Ms. Rush. The letter may be typed or hand-written.
Your letter should be 1 – 2 pages long, and it should begin with a salutation and end with an appropriate closing.
Things to include in your letter:
- Your family background (Where are you from? Who are the important figures in your life?)
- Your educational background (Who are you as a student?)
- Your passions/interests/skills/hobbies/languages (What do you enjoy? What are you good at?)
- Your personality (What kind of person are you?)
- Your expectations this year for our class, for yourself, and for Ms. Rush
*Let your writing flow naturally, using paragraphs to move from one topic or idea to the next.
This letter does not have to be formal in tone, like an essay, but it IS the first piece of your writing that you will be submitting, so be thoughtful about your word choice and grammar, and look over your work before handing it in.
Your letter is due by class time on Wednesday 9/16. (10 pts.)
(D block, bring letter on Thursday 9/17.)
Click HERE for a copy of Ms. Rush's letter and the assignment.