TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE: brainstorm possible THEME statements for Macbeth.
--> This essay asks you to clearly state a theme (central idea) that you believe is developed in Macbeth, and then SHOW, through evidence, how it is developed/shown over the course of the play.
BRING TO CLASS:
1) loose-leaf paper and writing utensil
2) your copy of the play, with any post-it note comments you've made while reading
3) the thematic essay rubric (you can use as an outline for your writing)
4) your motif traces (you may want to use quotes/explanations you've already worked on!)
5) your idea for a theme statement!
(no other advance writing can be used - use your class time to get those ideas out on paper)
Ms. Rush will use the following 20-point rubric to evaluate this rough rough draft, as well as leaving comments on your paper. NEXT WEEK you will have writing workshop time in class to conference, further develop, edit, and revise your work into a Mastery-level final draft essay which will be due Monday 4/4.