1) Read AND ANNOTATE your excerpt from Books 9 - 12.
* You received this packet of reading in class on Thursday or Friday. If some sections are confusing, mark them so you can work through them in class on Monday with some classmates.
2) Based on the adventure/s you just read, draft one well-developed TE/EA paragraph.
* This is Task One of your Mastery Work portfolio assignment. While this paragraph should follow the structure of Topic Sentence - Evidence & Explanation - Analysis, you should also make sure you are doing the following: 1. Identify the problem 2. Discuss its causes and effects, as well as implications and importance 3. Examine the solution(s) and their consequences.
Bring BOTH your annotated reading AND the paragraph with you on Monday - you will need them in class.
Due in class Monday 10/26.
Click HERE for a copy of the full Mastery Work assignment sheet.
Remember! Because this is an EPIC, it should start in media res, it should include mention of great challenges, it should have a hero, and it should use ELEVATED language.
DUE DATE: Tuesday 10/13 (A, B, D, and G blocks), Wednesday 10/14 (E block) (12 points total)
If you were not able to complete your classwork during the class period, here is some information to help you finish up each of your four tasks.
1) Log onto Pupilpath @ www.pupilpath.com
2) Sign up for www.turnitin.com
3) Set up your HSPS email account.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR REMIND, GO TO the student resources tab
AND SIGN UP RIGHT NOW
4) Send Ms. Rush a formal email from your hsps.us account!
Make sure you complete these tasks and send the email by the end of the week, Friday 10/9. (5 point classwork grade)