FORMAT OF FINAL EXAM, January 2017:
9th grade ELA FOUNDATIONS:
CONTENT YOU SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE WITH
1. - Review all grammar notes (especially capitalization, comma rules, and subject-verb agreement).
- Review editing marks.
- Review how to write titles.
2 - Be able to identify, use, define, and discuss the following literary devices and literary elements:
3. - ANNOTATE your articles. Underline or highlight key evidence, and then in the margin say what kind of evidence it is.Ex: “statistic pro” or “expert opinion con”
- Review TE/EA structure, and what belongs in Introduction and Conclusion Paragraphs.
- Remember to cite! Ex. (Text 1, 25-26) means that your quote came from Text 1, lines 25-26.
PRO TIP: RE-READ & EDIT YOUR ESSAY BEFORE YOU SUBMIT IT!!
9th Grade Foundations
This class serves as a gateway course to our choice-based English Language Arts curriculum! It is a foundational course which will ensure the readiness of your reading and writing skills to support your learning throughout the rest of your high school career.